We consider Essential beliefs to be those that define us as believers in Jesus Christ. These cannot be disregarded or compromised.
- The Bible is divinely inspired by God and has final authority.
- God is one and exists in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Because of the fall of man, all humans are sinful, and in need of salvation.
- The death of Christ is a substitute for sinners and provides for the cleansing of those who believe.
- By God’s grace, through faith, man receives salvation as a free gift because of Jesus’ death and resurrection.
- The resurrection of all—the saved to eternal life and the lost to eternal punishment.
Peripheral beliefs are those beliefs based on Scripture where sincere believers may have disagreements in their interpretation. These include areas such as modes of baptism, the rapture, second coming of Christ, the Lord’s Supper and church practices. On peripheral beliefs, we can agreeably accept differences.